Monday, June 6, 2011

Two Days Since and Two Days to Go...

Two days ago, I was in London for my resident poet slot on BBC Radio 4's Saturday Live, now presented by Richard Coles. The studio guest was actor/director Richard Wilson, still probably best known for his television role as Victor Meldrew in One Foot in the Grave.

As usual, I had to write two new poems for the show - for my first, short, top-of-the-show piece, I focused on climate change, in recognition/celebration of World Environment Day. My second, longer poem was written in response to a story about two men in the late 1960s, who bought a lion cub from Harrods and lived with him in their Chelsea flat for some years, until his eventual rehoming in Kenya. You can listen to the full show, and find out further details about the content, here.

Meanwhile, in just two days, on Wednesday 8th June at 7.30 pm, my new poetry collection, Where the Air is Rarefied, a collaboration with visual artist Pat Gregory, will be launched. All are welcome to come along to Cardiff's Norwegian Church Arts Centre for an evening of poetry, prints, drinks, cake and chat!

No comments:

Designed by Paramorphic Designs